Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former NFL Star Jason Peter Tells Riveting Tale of Addiction in 'Hero of the Underground'
- LIVE BLOG: Jacksonville Election Results
- Too Much Test Stress? Parents, Experts Discuss High-Stakes Standardized Test Anxiety
- First-Ever Jacksonville GastroFest Draws Thousands Downtown
- Abused Children Find Ally In Biker Group
News & Music Contributors
As Vice President of Content and Operations at WJCT Public Broadcasting, Karen Feagins oversees the content and technology teams. She is responsible for creating the programming strategy for radio, television and digital and developing multi-platform local initiatives and productions.
Karen found her home in public broadcasting after working for several years as a commercial television reporter. She joined WJCT in 2005 as the host of 89.9 FM’s Morning Edition and has held many different roles at the station in both radio and television. She has written and produced documentaries including Beluthahatchee: The Legacy of Stetson Kennedy and Jacksonville Beach: Against the Tide and directed the oral history project, Voices of the First Coast.
Karen holds a degree in broadcast journalism from The University of Missouri and lives in Jacksonville with her two daughters.