For this week’s First Coast Connect with Melissa Ross Media Roundtable, our panel of journalists looked at some of the biggest stories of the week, including:
- “Operation Rap Up” and the controversy surrounding it.
- A new effort by local politicians to address sea-level rise.
- Governor DeSantis’ efforts to end Common Core.
Our panelists were:
- Andrew Pantazi with The Florida Times-Union
- Anne Schindler with First Coast News
- Blogger and Regular Contributor Frederick Matthews
- And A.G. Gancarski of Florida Politics
National Wear Red Day
It was created to raise awareness about the number one health problem that affects American women: heart disease. The co-chairs of the Go Red for Women movement here in Jacksonville and the chairs of the 2019 Go Red for Women Luncheon, Dr. Elana Schrader, SVP and Chief Medical Officer at Florida Blue; and Camille Harrison, SVP and Chief Customer Officer Florida Blue, joined us with more.