Most Active Stories
- After Monroe County Ruling, Local Same-Sex Couple Request Marriage License
- Lit Hit List: The Controversial And Banned Books Of Duval County
- Ask Deemable Tech: Is Leaving My Phone Plugged In All Night Bad For The Battery?
- Carrie Underwood To Perform At EverBank Field Scoreboard Unveiling
- Five Anchors Fired From Action News Jacksonville
News & Music Contributors
First Coast Connect
Fri July 26, 2013
'Bacon Nation' Author Is Cooking Things Up In Jacksonville
It's a truly savory book, packed with sweet, salty and smoky recipes all containing that irresistible pork product we know and love: BACON!
In Bacon Nation, authors Peter Kaminsky and Marie Rama take your favorite breakfast meat places you never thought it could go.
"We put it in chocolate-peanut butter toffee, and yes, even ice cream!" says Rama.
The idea is to use bacon as a secret weapon in the kitchen - a flavor enhancer, rather than the star of the show.
Of course, Bacon Nation also features plenty of classics like the BLT and wedge salad with bacon, too.
Marie Rama is meeting the bacon-loving Jacksonville public tonight, instructing a class at Publix Aprons Cooking Sschool, as she teaches recipes and techniques from her book (guests must register online, and there is a fee for the class).
Attendees will learn how to properly wrap & cook something in bacon, make a bacon swizzle stick, how to cook bacon without making a mess, and much more. It's sure to be a sizzling good time.
Here is the info for the event:
FRIDAY, JULY 26
Publix Aprons Cooking School – Jacksonville
6:30pm – 9:00pm
Demo/Class, Tasting, Q&A, Book Signing
10500 San Jose Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32257