Most Active Stories
- Researchers Find Error In Teacher Study; Duval Co. Lower Than Originally Reported
- Protesters Block Interstate 95 Near Emerson
- Candy Apple Cafe Opens Next To Sweet Pete's In Old Seminole Club
- BREAKING: Interstate-Blocking Protesters Marching On Hart Bridge In Jacksonville
- Too Much Test Stress? Parents, Experts Discuss High-Stakes Standardized Test Anxiety
News & Music Contributors
First Coast Connect
Mon April 15, 2013
Florida's Cupcake Queen: Hollis Wilder, A Triple-Crown "Cupcake Wars" Winner!
She is Florida’s (the nation's?) cupcake queen.
Wilder is the first cupcake baker in the nation to achieve triple-crown status on the popular program.
"It's incredibly thrilling!" she says.
But this successful purveyor of small bites is not stopping there.
Wilder is out with a new book taking cupcakes places they’ve never gone before.
Savory Bites: Meals You Can Make In Your Cupcake Pan gives the reader plenty of ideas for mini-meals you can bake with edible "wrappers" like flour tortillas, puff pastry, and other items - even roast peppers! - which take the place of paper liners.
"I take a very European approach to both my sweet and savory cupcakes," Wilder told First Coast Connect this morning. "In Europe, they don't sacrifice one little bit of flavor or fat. They enjoy everything- just in small portions. My cupcakes are mini-size and so are my savory bites. So you really can have your cupcake and eat it too!"