Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: UF Stabbing Suspect Shot After Threatening Police With Hatchet
- Recreational Marijuana Bill Filed In Florida Senate
- First Coast Connect Theme Song Contest: Vote On Our Top Five Favorites
- As They Return To Tallahassee, Lawmakers Face New Questions On Common Core
- School Board Approves New TFA Contract
News & Music Contributors
Fri January 3, 2014
Gov. Scott, Alabama Gov. Bentley Raise The Stakes For BCS Championship
As of Friday afternoon, there is more than just pride riding on Monday's BCS National Championship Game — there's also pie on the table.
Florida Governor Rick Scott and Alabama Governor Robert Bentley have agreed to a friendly wager on the outcome of the game between Florida State University and Auburn University.
If the Auburn Tigers win, Scott will send Bentley a Key Lime Pie from Kermit’s in Key West. If the FSU Seminoles win, Bentley will send Scott a gallon of Toomer's Lemonade.
The lemonade gets its name from Toomer's Drug Store at the intersection of College St. and Magnolia Ave. in Auburn, where you can buy it by the glass or the gallon. Sixteen ounces sell for $2.52; a gallon will cost you about $15.
A 9-inch Key Lime pie from Kermit’s Key West Lime Shoppe will set you back about $40 if you order delivery online. They go for about $17 at the Key West store.
You can follow Cyd Hoskinson on Twitter @cydwjctnews.
Law & Order