Most Active Stories
- Former NFL Star Jason Peter Tells Riveting Tale of Addiction in 'Hero of the Underground'
- Duval School Board Approves Performance Pay, Raises For Teachers
- Too Much Test Stress? Parents, Experts Discuss High-Stakes Standardized Test Anxiety
- Abused Children Find Ally In Biker Group
- 2015 April Fools' Day Pranks Roundup
News & Music Contributors
First Coast Connect
Mon October 28, 2013
JPEF's Csar Talks Common Core Before Second Community Meeting
A community meeting is happening tonight at the University of North Florida with an important purpose.
It’s an invitation for people to better understand the new Common Core State Standards for education in Florida.
Common Core, as it’s called, has become controversial in the state as of late, with some questioning Florida’s move to join most other states in adopting the standards.
Trey Csar, executive director of the Jacksonville Public Education Fund, joined Melissa on First Coast Connect to discuss tonight’s meeting on the Common Core State Standards.
You can follow Melissa on Twitter @MelissainJax.