Most Active Stories
- Millions Of Dollars In Private Funds Headed Down Pipeline For Duval Schools
- Agreement Between Duval Schools, Teachers Union Clears Path For Incentive Pay Program
- Duval Educators And School Officials Want More Test Prep Time
- Duval School Officials Consider Breaking Class-Size Rules To Cut Costs
- As FCAT Ends, What's Next For Florida Classrooms?
News & Music Contributors
First Coast Connect
Mon October 28, 2013
JPEF's Csar Talks Common Core Before Second Community Meeting
A community meeting is happening tonight at the University of North Florida with an important purpose.
It’s an invitation for people to better understand the new Common Core State Standards for education in Florida.
Common Core, as it’s called, has become controversial in the state as of late, with some questioning Florida’s move to join most other states in adopting the standards.
Trey Csar, executive director of the Jacksonville Public Education Fund, joined Melissa on First Coast Connect to discuss tonight’s meeting on the Common Core State Standards.
You can follow Melissa on Twitter @MelissainJax.