Most Active Stories
- Florida Gov. Scott Signs Repeal Of Gay-Adoption Ban, Despite Vocal Opposition
- City Council Puts Up Roadblocks For Medical Marijuana Coming To Jacksonville
- Floridians Weigh Impact Of Upcoming SCOTUS Decisions On Gay Marriage, Obamacare
- Abused Children Find Ally In Biker Group
- Jacksonville City Council Passes Pension Reform Bill
News & Music Contributors
First Coast Connect
Mon October 28, 2013
JPEF's Csar Talks Common Core Before Second Community Meeting
A community meeting is happening tonight at the University of North Florida with an important purpose.
It’s an invitation for people to better understand the new Common Core State Standards for education in Florida.
Common Core, as it’s called, has become controversial in the state as of late, with some questioning Florida’s move to join most other states in adopting the standards.
Trey Csar, executive director of the Jacksonville Public Education Fund, joined Melissa on First Coast Connect to discuss tonight’s meeting on the Common Core State Standards.
You can follow Melissa on Twitter @MelissainJax.