Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: UF Stabbing Suspect Shot After Threatening Police With Hatchet
- Recreational Marijuana Bill Filed In Florida Senate
- First Coast Connect Theme Song Contest: Vote On Our Top Five Favorites
- As They Return To Tallahassee, Lawmakers Face New Questions On Common Core
- Florida Times-Union Wins Legal Fight To Release State Teacher Scores
News & Music Contributors
First Coast Connect
Mon October 28, 2013
JPEF's Csar Talks Common Core Before Second Community Meeting
A community meeting is happening tonight at the University of North Florida with an important purpose.
It’s an invitation for people to better understand the new Common Core State Standards for education in Florida.
Common Core, as it’s called, has become controversial in the state as of late, with some questioning Florida’s move to join most other states in adopting the standards.
Trey Csar, executive director of the Jacksonville Public Education Fund, joined Melissa on First Coast Connect to discuss tonight’s meeting on the Common Core State Standards.
You can follow Melissa on Twitter @MelissainJax.