Most Active Stories
- Researchers Find Error In Teacher Study; Duval Co. Lower Than Originally Reported
- Protesters Block Interstate 95 Near Emerson
- Candy Apple Cafe Opens Next To Sweet Pete's In Old Seminole Club
- BREAKING: Interstate-Blocking Protesters Marching On Hart Bridge In Jacksonville
- Too Much Test Stress? Parents, Experts Discuss High-Stakes Standardized Test Anxiety
News & Music Contributors
First Coast Connect
Mon October 28, 2013
JPEF's Csar Talks Common Core Before Second Community Meeting
A community meeting is happening tonight at the University of North Florida with an important purpose.
It’s an invitation for people to better understand the new Common Core State Standards for education in Florida.
Common Core, as it’s called, has become controversial in the state as of late, with some questioning Florida’s move to join most other states in adopting the standards.
Trey Csar, executive director of the Jacksonville Public Education Fund, joined Melissa on First Coast Connect to discuss tonight’s meeting on the Common Core State Standards.
You can follow Melissa on Twitter @MelissainJax.