Most Active Stories
- Too Much Test Stress? Parents, Experts Discuss High-Stakes Standardized Test Anxiety
- 'Success Kid' Is From Jacksonville
- Met Opera Chooses Douglas Anderson To Screen Live Performances
- One Spark Winners Announced; Attendee Contributions Up 75 Percent Over 2014
- Former Main Library Building To Reopen Soon As Jessie Ball duPont Center
News & Music Contributors
First Coast Connect
Fri August 8, 2014
Media Roundtable: Fuller Warren Bike Path, Uber Ridesharing And Water Taxis
From ridesharing to water taxis to bike paths, transportation is big news in Jacksonville this week.
A new bike and pedestrian path connecting Riverside to San Marco is one of several changes planned with the widening of the Fuller Warren Bridge.
Meanwhile, ridesharing service Uber is butting heads with members of the Jacksonville City Council. And the city says the St. Johns River water taxis should be up and running for this weekend's preseason game at Everbank Field.
Joining us on our regular Friday media roundtable to discuss this and other stories is our panel of local journalists:
- Fred Matthews, Examiner blogger
- Dan Scanlan, Florida Times-Union reporter
- John Burr, Jacksonville Business Journal editor
- A.G. Gancarski, Folio Weekly columnist
Other topics include the possible deepening of the St. Johns River, the city unveiling an ambitious jobs incentive plan to bring a Fortune 500 to the First Coast, a proposed new congressional districting map, and Tim Tebow position as an analyst at ESPN's SEC Network.
You can follow Melissa Ross on Twitter @MelissainJax.