Most Active Stories
- Putting It To The Test: Is New FSA Too Much, Too Soon?
- Abused Children Find Ally In Biker Group
- Too Much Test Stress? Parents, Experts Discuss High-Stakes Standardized Test Anxiety
- Florida Teacher Lives Homeless In Jacksonville To Break Down Stereotypes
- Fifteen Duval County Teachers In Running For JPEF Teacher Of The Year
News & Music Contributors
First Coast Connect
Fri August 8, 2014
Media Roundtable: Fuller Warren Bike Path, Uber Ridesharing And Water Taxis
From ridesharing to water taxis to bike paths, transportation is big news in Jacksonville this week.
A new bike and pedestrian path connecting Riverside to San Marco is one of several changes planned with the widening of the Fuller Warren Bridge.
Meanwhile, ridesharing service Uber is butting heads with members of the Jacksonville City Council. And the city says the St. Johns River water taxis should be up and running for this weekend's preseason game at Everbank Field.
Joining us on our regular Friday media roundtable to discuss this and other stories is our panel of local journalists:
- Fred Matthews, Examiner blogger
- Dan Scanlan, Florida Times-Union reporter
- John Burr, Jacksonville Business Journal editor
- A.G. Gancarski, Folio Weekly columnist
Other topics include the possible deepening of the St. Johns River, the city unveiling an ambitious jobs incentive plan to bring a Fortune 500 to the First Coast, a proposed new congressional districting map, and Tim Tebow position as an analyst at ESPN's SEC Network.
You can follow Melissa Ross on Twitter @MelissainJax.