Most Active Stories
- Candy Apple Cafe Opens Next To Sweet Pete's In Old Seminole Club
- Researchers Find Error In Teacher Study; Duval Co. Lower Than Originally Reported
- Protesters Block Interstate 95 Near Emerson
- Too Much Test Stress? Parents, Experts Discuss High-Stakes Standardized Test Anxiety
- Abused Children Find Ally In Biker Group
News & Music Contributors
First Coast Connect
Fri May 2, 2014
Media Roundtable: Lenny Curry Out As GOP Chair, Potentially For Jax Mayoral Run
Peter Rummell, the powerful fundraiser who backed Jacksonville Mayor Alvin Brown's successful campaign in 2011, has publicly broken from the mayor.
Rummell told the editorial board for the Florida-Times Union this week that Brown "doesn’t know how to manage… he has no courage… he’s wimped out.”
Rummell has now said that he will support Florida GOP chairman, Lenny Curry in the 2015 mayoral election. Curry told Florida Republican Party leaders Thursday that he was stepping down as state chair.
Joining us on our regular Friday media roundtable to discuss this and other stories is our panel of local journalists:
- Larry Hannan, Florida Times-Union reporter
- Fred Matthews, Examiner blogger
- Tim Gibbons, Jacksonville Business Journal editor
- A.G. Gancarski, Folio Weekly columnist
Additional topics include a new Quinnipiac poll that shows former governor Charlie Crist leading incumbent Governor Rick Scott in the 2016 gubernatorial race, the high number of shootings in Jacksonville during the month of April, Springfield candy shop Sweet Pete’s making a move downtown, and Florida State University quarterback and Heisman Trophy-winner Jameis Winston’s recent seafood theft scandal.