Most Active Stories
- Recreational Marijuana Bill Filed In Florida Senate
- Republican David Jolly Wins Special Congressional Election
- As They Return To Tallahassee, Lawmakers Face New Questions On Common Core
- School Board Approves New TFA Contract
- Does High School Start Too Early? More Researchers Say Yes, Call For Change
News & Music Contributors
First Coast Connect
Mon October 28, 2013
Model United Nations Conference To Discuss Florida Child Trafficking
Florida ranks 3rd in the nation in child trafficking, so perhaps it's fitting that increasingly, young people are getting involved in fighting this scourge by raising awareness.
This year, the Model UN Projects Committee is organizing a workshop on child trafficking and is inviting high school students from a six-county area to attend.
"The students actually came up with this topic," says John Miller, advisor for Pedro Menendez High School Model United Nations.
Miller says the conference will address not only awareness but also look at what high school students and high school organizations can do to become involved.