Most Active Stories
- Florida Gov. Scott Signs Repeal Of Gay-Adoption Ban, Despite Vocal Opposition
- City Council Puts Up Roadblocks For Medical Marijuana Coming To Jacksonville
- Floridians Weigh Impact Of Upcoming SCOTUS Decisions On Gay Marriage, Obamacare
- Abused Children Find Ally In Biker Group
- Jacksonville City Council Passes Pension Reform Bill
News & Music Contributors
Tue July 30, 2013
New Jaxport CEO Brian Taylor Meets Employees, Media
New Jaxport CEO Brian Taylor says things are heading in the right direction at the port.
He says he wants to talk to numerous employees, customers and local leaders as he plots Jaxport’s future.
As he establishes a strategic plan, Taylor says he’ll focus on how to expand Jaxport’s operations of cargo and automobile shipping.
His priorities include finding the funding to deepen the shipping channel to 47 feet, which he says it vital for the port’s future.
Taylor comes to Jaxport from High Point, North Carolina where he was Senior Vice-President of Sales and Operations for New Breed Logistics.
He was also a long-time Horizon Lines executive stationed around the world in his 30 year career.