Most Active Stories
- After Monroe County Ruling, Local Same-Sex Couple Request Marriage License
- Ask Deemable Tech: Is Leaving My Phone Plugged In All Night Bad For The Battery?
- Lit Hit List: The Controversial And Banned Books Of Duval County
- UPDATED: Duval Schools ESE Executive Director To Take Assistant Superintendent Spot
- Carrie Underwood To Perform At EverBank Field Scoreboard Unveiling
News & Music Contributors
Tue July 30, 2013
New Jaxport CEO Brian Taylor Meets Employees, Media
New Jaxport CEO Brian Taylor says things are heading in the right direction at the port.
He says he wants to talk to numerous employees, customers and local leaders as he plots Jaxport’s future.
As he establishes a strategic plan, Taylor says he’ll focus on how to expand Jaxport’s operations of cargo and automobile shipping.
His priorities include finding the funding to deepen the shipping channel to 47 feet, which he says it vital for the port’s future.
Taylor comes to Jaxport from High Point, North Carolina where he was Senior Vice-President of Sales and Operations for New Breed Logistics.
He was also a long-time Horizon Lines executive stationed around the world in his 30 year career.