Most Active Stories
- Millions Of Dollars In Private Funds Headed Down Pipeline For Duval Schools
- Agreement Between Duval Schools, Teachers Union Clears Path For Incentive Pay Program
- Duval Educators And School Officials Want More Test Prep Time
- Duval School Officials Consider Breaking Class-Size Rules To Cut Costs
- As FCAT Ends, What's Next For Florida Classrooms?
News & Music Contributors
Tue July 30, 2013
New Jaxport CEO Brian Taylor Meets Employees, Media
New Jaxport CEO Brian Taylor says things are heading in the right direction at the port.
He says he wants to talk to numerous employees, customers and local leaders as he plots Jaxport’s future.
As he establishes a strategic plan, Taylor says he’ll focus on how to expand Jaxport’s operations of cargo and automobile shipping.
His priorities include finding the funding to deepen the shipping channel to 47 feet, which he says it vital for the port’s future.
Taylor comes to Jaxport from High Point, North Carolina where he was Senior Vice-President of Sales and Operations for New Breed Logistics.
He was also a long-time Horizon Lines executive stationed around the world in his 30 year career.