Most Active Stories
- 'Hilariously Bad' Music Video About Jacksonville Going Viral
- Candy Apple Cafe Opens Next To Sweet Pete's In Old Seminole Club
- Latest VAM Scores Place Some Baker County Teachers On Top
- Abused Children Find Ally In Biker Group
- Too Much Test Stress? Parents, Experts Discuss High-Stakes Standardized Test Anxiety
News & Music Contributors
Tue July 30, 2013
New Jaxport CEO Brian Taylor Meets Employees, Media
New Jaxport CEO Brian Taylor says things are heading in the right direction at the port.
He says he wants to talk to numerous employees, customers and local leaders as he plots Jaxport’s future.
As he establishes a strategic plan, Taylor says he’ll focus on how to expand Jaxport’s operations of cargo and automobile shipping.
His priorities include finding the funding to deepen the shipping channel to 47 feet, which he says it vital for the port’s future.
Taylor comes to Jaxport from High Point, North Carolina where he was Senior Vice-President of Sales and Operations for New Breed Logistics.
He was also a long-time Horizon Lines executive stationed around the world in his 30 year career.