Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: UF Stabbing Suspect Shot After Threatening Police With Hatchet
- Recreational Marijuana Bill Filed In Florida Senate
- As They Return To Tallahassee, Lawmakers Face New Questions On Common Core
- School Board Approves New TFA Contract
- First Coast Connect Theme Song Contest: Vote On Our Top Five Favorites
News & Music Contributors
Tue July 30, 2013
New Jaxport CEO Brian Taylor Meets Employees, Media
New Jaxport CEO Brian Taylor says things are heading in the right direction at the port.
He says he wants to talk to numerous employees, customers and local leaders as he plots Jaxport’s future.
As he establishes a strategic plan, Taylor says he’ll focus on how to expand Jaxport’s operations of cargo and automobile shipping.
His priorities include finding the funding to deepen the shipping channel to 47 feet, which he says it vital for the port’s future.
Taylor comes to Jaxport from High Point, North Carolina where he was Senior Vice-President of Sales and Operations for New Breed Logistics.
He was also a long-time Horizon Lines executive stationed around the world in his 30 year career.