There is plenty to do in the Jacksonville area this weekend - here are a few suggestions.
1. Jacksonville Suns vs. Mobile Baybears at the Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Come out and cheer on our Jacksonville Suns as they take on the Mobile Baybears. The Jacksonville Suns are the minor league Class AA affiliate of the Florida Marlins. The Suns are proud members and five-time champions of the 10-team Southern League of Professional Baseball. Phone: 904 358 2846
2. Comedy Zone presents Rob Schneider this Friday, April 26, and Saturday, April 27. 8:00PM and 10:00PM, tickets are $30-$35.
3. Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra performs Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto April 26 & 27 at 8:00PM.
4. MOCA ArtFusion Sunday - parents and kids work together to create beautiful works of art.
5. Riverside Arts & Market is always a great place to visit Saturday mornings for food, entertainment and anything else that fits under the bridge. It never rains under the bridge!
6. Welcome to Rockville - Hardcore Rock And Roll on stage in Jacksonville! Line-up: Alice In Chains, Limp Bizkit, Stone Sour, Three Days Grace, Papa Roach, Bullet for My Valentine, Halestorm, Asking Alexandria, All That Remains, Shinedown, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Buckcherry, Skillet, The Darkness, Flyleaf, Nonpoint, Hollywood Undead, Escape the Fate and more! Metropolitan Park & Marina, 904.630.0837
7. Riverside Avondale Preservation Society Annual Spring Home Tour - Each spring, for the past few decades, residents of the historic district have opened their homes to guests in an effort to raise money for Jacksonville’s premier grassroots historic preservation organization. April 27 & 28.
8. Ritz Theatre and LaVilla Museum - 20/20 Perfect Vision: Celebrating 20 Years of African Artistic Expression. Sunday April 28.
9. National Dance Day - Celebrate National Dance Week by enjoying two fun-filled days of Dance Performances by local and regional Dance Groups! Saturday, April 27 Noon – 9:00PM & Sunday, April 28 Noon – 6:00PM. 904.353.1188
10. Movies in the Park is back! Friday, April 26 - Ferris Bueller's Day Off (Rated PG-13). Pack your blankets, chairs and favorite snacks for a movie night under the stars. Presented by Downtown Vision, Inc. and the Office of Economic Development and hosted by the Wyndham Jacksonville Riverwalk hotel, this four-night movie series features free, family-friendly movies overlooking the St. Johns River.