Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: UF Stabbing Suspect Shot After Threatening Police With Hatchet
- Recreational Marijuana Bill Filed In Florida Senate
- As They Return To Tallahassee, Lawmakers Face New Questions On Common Core
- School Board Approves New TFA Contract
- First Coast Connect Theme Song Contest: Vote On Our Top Five Favorites
News & Music Contributors
Law & Order
Mon July 29, 2013
Red Light Cameras Now At San Jose Blvd And Claire Lane
Red light cameras at San Jose Blvd and Claire Lane started a 30 day test phase on Monday.
Both northbound and southbound lights at the intersection are now part of the Jacksonville's Red Light Enforcement Program.
The cameras capture and transmit vehicle data to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.
The new cameras started a 30 day grace period on Monday. No tickets will be issued, but drivers may see the cameras flash, police said.
The fine for running a red light in Jacksonville is $158.