Most Active Stories
- Former NFL Star Jason Peter Tells Riveting Tale of Addiction in 'Hero of the Underground'
- LIVE BLOG: Jacksonville Election Results
- Too Much Test Stress? Parents, Experts Discuss High-Stakes Standardized Test Anxiety
- First-Ever Jacksonville GastroFest Draws Thousands Downtown
- FCC Recap: Duval County Election Results
News & Music Contributors
Tue July 29, 2014
Tech Tuesday: Local Education Nonprofit Wins Google Glass Contest
A local organization is getting a big nod from Google.
Jacksonville-based Classroom Champions is the first and only in-school program to connect Olympic and Paralympic athletes with students in high-need schools.
The nonprofit has been selected as one of five winners of Google’s Giving through Glass Challenge, an open call for U.S. nonprofits to share how they’d use Google Glass technology to make a positive impact.
Lisa Monarski is a senior manager at Deloitte and a member of the board of directors of Classroom Champions. She joined Melissa Ross to discuss how they will be using Google Glass in this week's Tech Tuesday segment.
You can follow Melissa Ross on Twitter @MelissainJax.