Medical roundtable; 'The Plant Hunter'
Today’s Medical Roundtable discussed some of the top health care stories, including:
- The stress of the holiday season can trigger depression and anxiety. For those living with chronic conditions, these seasonal stressors can be even more pronounced.
- Holiday planning is tough when accounting for a global pandemic. This year, holiday get-togethers are further complicated by news of the COVID-19 variant: omicron.
- The opioid crisis has spiraled further out of control since 2015, and no community is exempt from the devastating effects of overdoses. Doctors are relearning how to help patients manage pain, and those who need opioid medications report feeling judged.
- Our medical roundtable answered listener questions about managing mental and physical well-being during the holiday season.
- Dr. Joseph Drazkowski, neurologist, Mayo Clinic Phoenix.
- Dr. Ivan Porter, internist, Mayo Clinic Jacksonville.
- Dr. Jewel Kling, Primary Care, Mayo Clinic Phoenix.