For Friday's First Coast Connect with Melissa Ross Media Roundtable, our panel of journalists looked at some of the biggest stories of the week, including:
- Local officials calling for decriminalizing of marijuana in the city.
- School officials want a half-cent sales tax to repair aging school buildings.
- A crashed jet is removed from the St. Johns as the river blooms with algae pollution.
Our panelists were:
- Emily Bloch of The Florida Times-Union
- Tim Gibbons of the Jacksonville Business Journal
- Radio Host Angela Spears of Angela Spears Communications
Waves of Gray 5k
The Waves of Gray 5k, a walk on the beach to help drown out brain cancer, takes place tomorrow. Dianne Fenton, Who created the walk in memory of her husband, joined us with more information.
This year, Waves of Gray has partnered with Baptist/MD Anderson here in Jacksonville. All of the proceeds, from this year's event, will benefit the Waves of Gray Neuro-Oncology Endowment supporting research programs at Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center Jacksonville.
Avery Latta-Raines can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, 904-358-6317.