Friday our First Coast Connect Media Roundtable featured Florida Times-Union reporter Andrew Pantazi, Action News Jax anchor John Bachman, radio host and former First Coast News anchor Angela Spears and Jacksonville Business Journal editor Timothy Gibbons.
Issues discussed included:
- Hundreds of Duval County students will be required to transfer to new schools this fall due to a “human error” by district officials.
- The School Board is expected to hire a new Superintendent next week
- A woman is arrested at Ribault High School for bringing a gun onto campus after police were called to a brawl inside the gym.
- City Councilman Bill Gulliford is looking for the city to open a trust fund with private donations to help fund treating opioid addiction.
- Brixx Pizza at Unity Plaza closes leaving the space with no open restaurants
We heard about The Florida Theatre’s upcoming Studio 54 Jax party and fundraiser from event co-creators Troy Sperlin and Missy Peters along with Barbara Colaciello, founder of BABS’LAB. Colaciello was a frequent attendee at the original Studio 54 in New York (46:00)