Friday on the First Coast Connect with Melissa Ross Media Roundtable, our panel of journalists looked at some of the biggest stories of the week including:
- Jacksonville could be the most expensive city in America to secure with a seawall.
- Most voters in Duval say they are in favor of a half-cent sales tax to rebuild Duval schools.
- President Trump kicks off his reelection campaign in Florida.
Our Panelists were:
- Dan Scanlan of The Florida Times-Union
- Freelance journalist Claire Goforth
- Shelton Hull of Folio Weekly
- Radio host Angela Spears of Angela Spears Communications
International Yoga Day
International Yoga Day is celebrated around the world on June 21, which is also the first day of summer. This year’s local celebration is being held in Jacksonville at Balis park in San Marco.
Yoga 4 Change Founder Kathryn Thomas also hosts yoga classes of all levels. The funds raised will support Yoga 4 Change, which aims to heal and empower underserved populations through yoga.
Kathryn Joined us today to give more information.
Avery Latta-Raines can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, 904-358-6317.