Our weekly Friday Media Roundtable on First Coast Connect featured guest host A.G. Gancarski from FloridaPolitics.com. Our panelist were:
- Florida Times-Union reporter Tessa Duvall
- WJCT contributor Fred Matthews
- Jacksonville Daily Record reporter David Cawton
- WJCT reporter Ryan Benk (01:11).
Issues discussed included:
- One of Mayor Lenny Curry’s political committees was scammed out of $120,000.
- The controversy surrounding Governor Rick Scott’s appointment of conservative Republican Terrance Freeman in a heavily Democratic district to replace the indicted Reggie Brown.
- Attorney David Taylor sues the Duval County Supervisor of Elections claiming the special election race in District 12 was not properly noticed.
- The move to remove Confederate monuments from public places stalls
- Sheriff Mike Williams announced body cameras won’t be coming to Jacksonville until 2019.
- U.S. Rep. Al Lawson brings House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi to town for a campaign appearance while former Mayor Jake Godbold endorses Alvin Brown
We heard a performance by Crescendo Amelia who will be playing Friday night at the Kraft Athletic Club in Fernandina Beach. We spoke with band leader Dennis Negrin and vocalist Mara Lovequist (46:00).