Friday on First Coast Connect with Melissa Ross, our panel of journalists on the Media Roundtable looked at all the biggest stories of the week, including:
- The end of an era for Downtown’s First Baptist Churc of Jacksonville.
- Lawyers for the Duval County School Board said they’ll fight to get a referendum on the ballot.
- And a tropical weather disturbance is headed our way. At the time of this post, it was forecast to become either a tropical depression or storm. Updates on the storm are at WJCT's weather page.
Our panelists were:
- Mike Mendenhall of the Jacksonville Daily Record
- Georgio Valentino of Folio Weekly
- Fred Matthews, a blogger and regular WJCT contributor
A New Theatre In Yulee
It’s called Blue Fire Theatre, and it’s filling an artistic void in a growing part of Nassau County. Founder Toni D’Amico joined us with more on the theatre's first production, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, scheduled at FSCJ's Nassau Campus, September 20-29.