COVID-19 has cost Florida billions of dollars and hundreds of thousands of jobs. The virus has hit the state’s biggest industry — tourism — hard.
On today’s program, we discussed the pandemic’s impact on hospitality businesses, including restaurants, cruise ships and the biggest destination for visitors — Orlando.
Our guests were:
- Amy Baker, coordinator, the Legislature’s Office of Economic and Demographic Research
- Dana Young, CEO, Visit Florida
- Carol Dover, president and CEO of the Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association
- Taylor Dolven of the Miami Herald
- Matthew Peddie of WMFE in Orlando