For fans heading to TIAA Bank Field this Sunday to see the Jacksonville Jaguars take on the Indianapolis Colts, the experience will be different than in past years as the NFL copes with the realities of the pandemic.
At the top of the list is a 25% cap on seating capacity that the team announced in July.
Even with the cap, tickets were still available as of Friday morning, according to the Jaguars website.
Fans will have to wear face coverings throughout the stadium. Other key things fans need to know before heading Downtown:
- Don't come to the stadium if you have COVID-19, are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, cough or shortness of breath, or know you've been exposed to COVID-19.
- Face coverings are required at TIAA Bank Field and strongly encouraged in all parking lots. Fans will be required to wear face coverings upon entry and throughout the stadium except when actively eating or drinking.
- Tailgating is strongly discouraged.
- Use the official Jacksonville Jaguars app to access your secure digital tickets on game day, which has security features to prevent screenshots or counterfeit tickets. You can still transfer tickets to friends or family via email or text using your mobile device.
- The NFL's clear bag policy is in effect at TIAA Bank Field. You are encouraged to leave all bags at home, but, if necessary, it should be either a clear bag no larger than 12" x 6" x 12", or a non-clear bag no larger than 4.5" x 6.5." Strict size enforcement will be in place for all non-clear bags.
- Fans riding their bicycles to Jaguars home games can take advantage of free, secure parking beginning this Sunday. Fans can park their bikes as early as three hours before kickoff by visiting the bicycle check-in tent located between Gates 1 and 2 on the west side of TIAA Bank Field.
- JTA has announced that due to the pandemic, the Gameday Xpress service has been suspended for the 2020 season.
- Drivers are reminded that the Downtown Hart Bridge ramp system has been demolished and Gator Bowl Boulevard remains a construction area. For fans who haven't driven in the area since last season, allow some extra time to figure out the new traffic patterns.
- Gameday paid parking is available at WJCT Public Media across the street from the stadium at 100 Festival Park Ave. Parking is $40 for paved spaces near Gator Bowl Blvd. and $20 for riverfront grass spaces. The parking lot includes two J-1772 Chargepoint charging outlets for electric vehicles. Here are WJCT's parking details.
Game Day Entertainment
Following team introductions, Sunday's pre-recorded national anthem will be performed by The Ritz Voices under the direction of Artistic Director Deborah McDuffie.
Kinsey Radloff, a member of THE ROAR, will interpret for the hearing impaired. This Sunday's flyover will be performed by F-15s of the 125th Fighter Wing, a unit of the Florida Air National Guard, stationed in Jacksonville.
Sunday’s first home game of the season timeline is as follows:
10 a.m.: Game day ticket office opens (north end zone between Gates 2 and 3)
10 a.m.: Stadium parking lots open
10 a.m.: Media Will Call opens near Gate 1
11 a.m.: TIAA Bank Field seating bowl and all gates open
11 a.m.: Fan Entertainment Zone opens (south end zone between Gates 1 and 4)
12:30 p.m.: Pregame festivities begin, including team introductions
12:34 p.m.: Lift Every Voice and Sing
12:56 p.m.: National anthem
1 p.m.: The First DUUUVAL
1:02 p.m.: Kickoff
Additional information is available on the Jaguars' website.