On this episode of First Coast Connect with Melissa Ross, a panel of journalists discussed top stories in the first Media Roundtable of the decade, including:
- A look at the ever evolving JEA saga, which has seen several new developments this week.
- Jacksonville Sheriff Mike Williams offered a frank assessment of Jacksonville's high murder rate.
- Local Congressman John Rutherford was accused of "racist tropes" by fellow Congressional member Pramila Jayapal in a twitter argument.
Our panelists were:
- Dan Scanlan with The Florida Times-Union
- Freelance Journalist Claire Goforth
- Tim Gibbons with the Jacksonville Business Journal
- A.G. Gancarski with Florida Politics
Jacksonville Jaguars Quarterback Gardner Minshew is spending his offseason on the road. He is adventuring around the country in an RV. Minshew let his fans know about his plan on Instagram. He captioned the video “Sound On: Please Respect My Decision. #MilesWithMinshew”
'The Man in Overalls'
Nathan Ballentine, known around town as “The Man in Overalls,” joined us to share tips on growing your own groceries. If you’re interested in eating healthier in the New Year, Ballentine explained how to harvest your own greens as they flourish in your garden.
Sarah Glenn can be reached at email@example.com.