On this week’s Friday Media Roundtable, we discussed some of the top stories in Northeast Florida, including:
- The Chairman of Duval’s Canvassing Board has resigned following a Times-Union report.
- Mayor Curry has renewed Duval’s mask mandate as COVID-19 cases in Florida approach 800,000.
- Fletcher High School and Douglas Anderson School of the Arts students have returned to class after school closures due to COVID-19.
- The controversy over Lot J continues and the Berkman Plaza II could face implosion.
Our guests were:
- Florida Times-Union Reporter Andrew Pantazi
- Jacksonville Business Journal Editor Tim Gibbons
- Radio host Angela Spears
Abandoned Jacksonville: Remnants Of The River City
Photographer David Bulit’s new book, Abandoned Jacksonville: Remnants of the River City, pairs photography and narrative to tell the story of Jacksonville’s abandoned locations.
Bulit explore locations such as the flooded Jacksonville Terminal, the jazz club that launched Ray Charles’ career, and former top-secret government locations, among others.
Abandoned Jacksonville is the follow up to his book Abandoned Jacksonville: Ruins of the First Coast, published last year. Built joined us on the program to tell us more.
Katherine Hobbs can be reached at email@example.com or on Twitter at @KatherineGHobbs.