On Friday’s episode of First Coast Connect with Melissa Ross, our Media Roundtable discussed some of the top stories impacting Northeast Florida this week, including:
- State COVID-19 testing sites are shut down as a hurricane advances on the state.
- Jacksonville's City Council gives a thumbs down to a property tax hike.
- There is more anxiety brewing about about back to school plans.
Our guests were:
- Dan Scanlan, The Florida-Times Union
- Tim Gibbons, Jacksonville Business Journal
- Writer Nikesha Williams;
- David Jones, First Coast News
Many fitness centers have struggled in this pandemic, as people who'd like to work out worry about catching coronavirus inside a crowded sweaty gym environment. Enter Fit20. It's a new fitness model with two locations in our area (Jacksonville Beach and Tapestry Park). You work out for only 20 minutes once a week, in a high intensity session with a trainer. And there's no sweat and no crowds. Local Fit20 owner Cathy Battreall joined us with details.
Heather Schatz can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter at @heatherschatz.