On this week’s Friday Media Roundtable, we discussed some of the top stories in Northeast Florida, including:
- The controversy surrounding Lot J’s planned development continued this week, complete with contentious City Council hearings and a protest.
- As we await the COVID-19 vaccine, the Florida Department of Health reported the largest single-day increase in COVID-19 cases since July.
- In 2021, Jacksonville City Council will begin holding “Safer Together” workshops to encourage residents to voice their ideas for a safer Jacksonville.
- Duval County Public School’s headquarters might be moving from its current riverfront location.
Our guests were:
- David Jones of First Coast News
- Emily Bloch of the Florida Times-Union
- Writer Claire Goforth
- Mike Mendenhall of the Jacksonville Daily Record
The Jacksonville Historical Society is back with its 18th annual Gingerbread Extravaganza. The group, dedicated to preserving public history resources across the city, is led by CEO Alan Bliss, who joined us to discuss these fantastical holiday creations.
WJCT contributor Charles Griggs substituted for Melissa Ross Friday.