On this week’s Friday Media Roundtable, we discussed some of the top stories in Northeast Florida, including:
- COVID-19 vaccination eligibility was questioned as Gov. Ron Desantis announced he is dropping the age requirement to 50.
- Mayor Lenny Curry rolled out a “Jobs for Jax” plan that would use a gas tax to pay for transportation and drainage projects.
- Four former Jacksonville mayors sent a joint letter to the corporate owner of The Florida Times-Union in an attempt to reverse a decline in newsroom staffing.
Our guest were:
- Dan Scanlan of The Florida Times-Union
- Writer Nikesha Williams
- Regular contributor John Delaney, former Jacksonville mayor and UNF President Emeritus
- Mike Mendenhall of the Jacksonville Daily Record
LEAD Artlook Interactive Map Debuts
The LEAD Artlook map (Landscape of Education in the Arts in Duval) has debuted. Presented by the Cathedral Arts Project, the interactive online map provides a real-time snapshot of arts resources and services on a school-by-school basis in Duval County. Allison Galloway-Gonzalez, Chief Program Officer for the Cathedral Arts Project and Executive Director of Any Given Child Jacksonville joined us with more.
Michael Gonzalez can be reached at email@example.com