On Friday’s episode of First Coast Connect with Melissa Ross, our Media Roundtable discussed some of the top stories impacting Northeast Florida this week, including:
- The Duval County Public Schools Board voted to explore renaming six of the schools that are named after Confederate leaders.
- The Host Committee for the Republican National Convention have been announced and many are questioning the security perimeter for the upcoming convention.
- Duval County has seen a jump in COVID-19 cases this week and several restaurants and bars at the beaches have closed due to positive cases among consumers and staff.
- A Duval County judge denied bail for 50 out of 51 protesters who appeared before him on June 1.
Our guests were:
- David Bauerlein, The Florida Times-Union
- Nikesha Williams, Writer
- Mike Mendenhall, Jacksonville Daily Record
- Tim Gibbons, Jacksonville Business Journal
'My Life In Gluttony'
Jefferey Spear, First Coast author and food consultant, joined us to talk his new book titled My Life in Gluttony. The book captures his adventures around the world to find good cuisine.
Denetra Lee can be reached at email@example.com