On this week’s Friday Media Roundtable, we discussed some of the top stories in Northeast Florida, including:
- The latest on the COVID-19 vaccine distribution in Northeast Florida.
- The National Park Service will apparently not accept trading part of the Shipyards property for Metropolitan Park, according to an email from the National Parks Service seen by several people familiar with the situation.
- City Council member Matt Carlucci announced that he will be running for mayor of Jacksonville in 2023.
- A former Baker County Sheriff’s Office employee arrested by FBI for his alleged connection to the U.S. Capitol riot.
- The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office faces criticism after a tweet comparing the death rates of car accidents to homicides in Jacksonville.
- The Jaguars appointed Trent Baalke as the team's new General Manager
Our guest were:
- Writer Nikesha Williams
- Tim Gibbons, editor of the Jacksonville Business Journal
- John Delaney, Former Jacksonville mayor and president emeritus of the University of North Florida
- WJCT contributor Charles Griggs
PPP Small Business funding:
David Meravich of 121 Financial joined us to discuss a new round of PPP funding for small business, which is taking place this month.
Michael Gonzalez can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org