On Friday’s episode of First Coast Connect with Melissa Ross, our Media Roundtable examined some of the major stories impacting Northeast Florida and beyond this week, including:
- Protests in Jacksonville occurred all week long, with multiple events calling for police reform.
- Jacksonville has become a candidate to host this summer’s Republican National Convention.
- An investigator in the Ahmaud Arbery case says a racial slur was used after the suspects shot him and waited for police to arrive.
- Nine Jacksonville Firefighters were injured after a fire exploded at an auto hauler ship on Blount Island.
Our panelists were:
- WJCT’s Bill Bortzfield
- First Coast News’ Anne Schindler
- Radio host Angela Spears of Angela Spears Communications
‘Six Feet Away Gallery’
With many museums and other cultural centers being closed, one Jacksonville couple decided to create one outside the comfort of their own home.
Denetra Lee can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org