On Friday’s episode of First Coast Connect with Melissa Ross, our Media Roundtable discussed some of the top stories impacting Northeast Florida this week, including:
- Some teachers have filed wills and obits and quit the profession before school starts over COVID-19 safety concerns.
- Clay County Sheriff Darryl Daniels sheriff faces felony charges just days before the election.
- Jacksonville is expanding its Cure Violence program.
Our guests were:
- Tim Gibbons, Jacksonville Business Journal
- Writer Shelton Hull
- Claire Goforth, Freelance Journalist
- David Bauerlein, The Florida Times-Union
Virtual Honeybee Festival
National Honey Bee Day is August 15. However, Bee Friends Farm can’t hold its usual festival to celebrate the occasion, due to the pandemic. So, the the festival has been moved online. Bentley Stead gave us an update.
Heather Schatz can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter at @heatherschatz.