Friday’s First Coast Connect with Melissa Ross Media Roundtable discussed a few of the top stories of the week, including:
- The continued investigations into JEA
- Politically motivated violence
- JAXPORT gets a big shot of federal funding
Our guests were:
- Dan Scanlan of the Florida Times-Union;
- John Burr of The Invading Sea;
- Mike Mendenhall of the Jacksonville Daily Record;
- Blogger and contributor Fred Matthews
Jacksonville International Auto Show
North Florida’s largest new car showroom, the Jacksonville International Auto Show, is this weekend. Attendees can compare features, options and stylings from 27 car lines. They can also experience innovative technologies on the show floor and test drive new offerings from Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep, Ram and Toyota.
The auto show is at the Prime Osborn Convention Center at 1000 Water St. in Downtown Jacksonville. It runs Friday, Feb. 14, from noon to 9 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 15, from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday, Feb. 16, 10 a.m to 6 p.m.
At the child-friendly event, each admitted child under 12 will receive one free Hot Wheels toy car, while supplies last. A meet and greet with Peter Rabbit is Sunday from noon to 4 p.m.
Amanda Brannon can be reached at email@example.com, 904-358-6317.