On this week’s Friday Media Roundtable, we discussed some of the top stories in Northeast Florida, including:
- At least 3 million people in Florida have gotten at least one COVID-19 vaccine dosage as more vaccination sites open up around the state.
- Jacksonville City Council President, Tommy Hazouri said he will bar a citizen from speaking to City Council during its meetings if the citizen continues to make the "OK" sign.
- There is a food desert in the New Town neighborhood where residents often have to travel hours by bus to buy decent groceries.
- As the tent city remains in Downtown Jacksonville, Mayor Curry assembled a task force this week to look at ideas to improve the city’s urban core.
- After years of planning, a groundbreaking was held Wednesday for the constructing project of Lift Ev’ry Voice and Sing Park in LaVilla.
Our guest were:
- Dan Scanlan of The Florida Times Union
- Tim Gibbons of the Jacksonville Business Journal
- Journalist Claire Goforth
- WJCT contributor Charles Griggs
Mr. Potato Spread
Local food truck owner Lakita Spann came on the show to discuss the latest expansion of her business, Mr. Potato Spread. Two brick and mortar locations can be found in the Orange Park Mall and Regency Square mall.
Michael Gonzalez can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org