1) Sunday, September 8 — You've waited months for this week, and this day. It's the first home game at Everbank Field of the 2013-2014 NFL season as the Jacksonville Jaguars take on the Kansas City Chiefs. Kickoff is 1 p.m. More info at Jaguars.com.
2) Friday, September 6 - Saturday September 7 — Jacksonville Dance Theatre will be sharing the stage with Braided Light Dance Project for an evening of innovative and exciting professional contemporary dance. 7:30 p.m. at Jacksonville University’s Swisher Theatre. More info at JacksonvilleDanceTheatre.org.
3) Friday, September 6 — LoCash Cowboys will play with special guest Ross Coppley at Mavericks. Doors at 6 p.m. More info at MavericksAtTheLanding.com.
4) Friday, September 6 — It's the first Friday of the month, which means it's Amateur Night at the Ritz Theatre and Museum. The evening is modeled after amateur night at the famed Apollo Theatre in Harlem. More info at RitzJacksonville.com.
5) Friday, September 6 — Food and dancing at the Friday Night Courtyard Party at the LAZ Courthouse Garage at 116 N. Pearl St. Parking is $5, bring your own lawn chairs.
6) Friday, September 6 — St. Johns Episcopal Church will host a recital of French organ music featuring Dr. Robbie Delcamp, 7:30-9:30 p.m. Reception to follow. More info at JaxCathedral.org.
7) Saturday, September 7 — The Wounded Warrior Project 8K Run begins at Metropolitan Park at 8 a.m. with same day registration still available. More info at WoundedWarriorProject.org.
8) Saturday, September 7 — If swimming is more your speed, contestants in the Up The River Downtown 10K Swim will report to JU at the beach at 8:30 a.m. More info at JumpingFish.net.
9) Saturday, September 7 — And if walking the dog is more your speed, you can Strut Your Mutt at 9:30 a.m. in Riverside Park.
10) Saturday, September 7 — Community First Saturdays are back at the Northside Riverwalk. Bold City Brigade (of #JAXnotJAC fame) will be on hand to tailgate and watch the (maybe last) University of Florida vs. University of Miami game. Festivities start at 10 a.m. More info at the Community First Saturday blog.