Where you live can influence your health.
That’s according to county rankings put together by the Robert Woods Foundation, which found St. Johns County ranks first in the state of Florida for quality health outcomes.
Other First Coast counties were ranked as follows:
- Baker: 49
- Clay: 27
- Duval: 45
- Putnam: 66
Area health care leaders will be addressing the issue of health equity in a panel discussion hosted by The Players Championship at TPC Sawgrass in St. Johns County Friday, March 5 at 10 a.m.
The hour-long ZOOM-discussion, called “Place Matters: Understanding Conditions that Influence Health,” will be live-streamed.
The panel will be moderator by Charles Griggs, a 100 Black Men of America board member.
The panelists scheduled to attend are:
- U. Michael Currie, Senior Vice President and Chief Health Equity Officer, UnitedHealth Group, parent company of Optum
- Megan Denk, The Players Center for Child Health/Board Chair, Northeast Florida Healthy Start Coalition
- David Garfunkel, CEO, Lift Jax
- Dr. Leon Haley, Jr., CEO, UF Health
- Dr. Laureen Husband, Director of Public Policy and Community Engagement, Feeding Northeast Florida
Friday’s Zoom health panel discussion can be accessed here.