Media Roundtable; Service of Giving Thanks; A Gift to Graduates
On Friday’s episode of First Coast Connect with Melissa Ross, our Media Roundtable examined some of the major stories impacting Northeast Florida- and beyond - this week, including:
- A CNN reporter and his crew were arrested on-air in Minnesota while covering the protests over the death of George Floyd.
- Jacksonville Mayor Lenny Curry is strongly suggesting people to continue to wear masks in public spaces.
- Mayor Lenny Curry says he will sign legislation about the city’s human rights ordinance.
- The JAX Chamber has announced its support for a half-cent sales tax to fund Duval County Public Schools.
- New Jacksonville City Council President Tommy Hazouri has made history by becoming the first Democrat to lead the Council in more than two decades.
Our guests were:
- Bill Bortzfield, WJCT Digital Content Editor
- Emily Bloch, The Florida Times-Union
- Mike Mendenhall, Jax Daily Record
- Fred Matthews, WJCT contributor
Related: Local, State, And National Coronavirus Coverage
Service Of Giving Thanks
St. John’s Cathedral in Downtown Jacksonville will be a live stream on Sunday to give thanks to essential workers. We talked with attorney and cathedral parishioner Audrey Moran to get more information.
A Gift to Graduates
Atlantic Beach Mayor Ellen Glasser joined us to talk about her efforts to remind the class of 2020 how special they are, even during these troubling times.
Denetra Lee can be reached at email@example.com