Clay County: Hurricane Irma Recovery Status Update
Here’s a rundown of updates provided by Clay County Emergency Management at 4:30 p.m. on Thursday to WJCT News.
- Clay County’s Evacuation Order has been lifted.
- County Road 218 is now open.
- The Clay County post-storm host shelter is now located at First Baptist Church Middleburg, 2645 Blanding Blvd., Middleburg, FL 32068
- Power companies continue to diligently work to restore power.
- Clay County Utility Authority is asking that people refrain from watering their yards, as it may hinder water line damage assessments or cause additional unnecessary flooding in areas.
- The Clay County Call Center, 904-284- 7703, is open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. for citizens who have questions pertaining to recovery from the storm.
- FEMA and insurance information can be found at alert.claycountygov.com.
- The Clay County Building Department would like to remind residents that if it is necessary to alter your pre-storm condition to restore your power, permits and inspections are required for full power restoration to occur. Such conditions would include conversions to underground service, weather head damage that has damaged panels and/or conductors or new circuits. Visit the Recovery and Insurance Information of alert.claycountygov.com for more details.
- FEMA representatives will be at the Middleburg Public Library, 2245 Aster Ave, Middleburg, FL 32068, Thursday, Sept. 14 until 6:00 p.m. to assist local residents who need to register for assistance.
- Recycling and curbside service (normal household garbage) have returned to a normal schedule.
- Beginning Saturday, Sept. 16, yard waste that meets Advanced Disposal’s service standards will begin to be picked up. Service standards describe this as leaves, grass clippings and small yard debris bagged in a 40-gallon or smaller can or heavy-duty plastic trash bag for collection not exceeding 50 pounds. All stumps, trees and limbs may not exceed 4 feet in length or 50 pounds in weight for a total of no more than five cubic yards.