Free Rides On JTA Buses, St. Johns River Ferry, Other Services Thursday
Thursday is your day to hitch a free ride to just about anywhere in town.
The Jacksonville Transportation Authority is throwing out the fare box for one day only as it takes part in the American Public Transportation Association’s National Get On Board Day.
JTA services that will be free on Thursday:
- All fixed route bus routes
- First Coast Flyer routes
- Connexion and Connexion Plus services
- St. Johns River Ferry
- ReadiRide – A new $2 on-demand transportation service within certain zones in the Beaches, Highlands, Northside, Southeast and Southwest communities. Runs Monday through Saturday from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Taxi program – JTA has an agreement with Coastal Cab to serve the Arlington, Mandarin and Beaches area. The free rides on Thursday do not apply to other Coastal Cab services.
- Skyway – The Skyway monorail system is always free to ride.
To drum up some extra mass transit excitement, customers riding JTA buses from 7 a.m. to noon will also have a chance to win prizes by answering JTA trivia questions.
Bill Bortzfield can be reached at email@example.com, 904-358-6349 or on Twitter at @BortzInJax.