Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00
0:00
Available On Air Stations
First Coast

Beach Buggies Fire In Jacksonville Beach Caused By Charger

BeachBuggies.jpg
News4Jax
/
Five Beach Buggies were damaged by fire In Jacksonville Beach.

A large fire was sparked by a golf cart charger Thursday night at Beach Buggy in Jacksonville Beach.

According to Jacksonville Beach Fire and Rescue, there was an electrical issue with the cart charger. Five of the carts were damaged in the fire.

WJCT News partner News4Jax reports the owners of the business said no one was hurt in the fire.

The golf carts that caught fire were recently purchased.

The fire did about $100,000 worth of damage, according to Fire and Rescue. Six people from a second floor Airbnb had to be evacuated.

A video report on this story is available at News4Jax.com.