6 Jacksonville Branch Libraries Closing Temporarily for Air Conditioning Repairs
The Jacksonville Public Library system is temporarily closing six branch libraries to make repairs to their air conditioning systems.
The first three libraries closed Monday:
- The South Mandarin Branch Library at 12125 San Jose Blvd. is expected to reopen Thursday, Aug. 8. If library users have placed holds to reserve books or other materials, they'll have an extra week to pick them up.
- The Brown East Side Branch at 1390 Harrison St. is expected to reopen Friday, Aug. 9. Holds there have also been extended one week.
- The Dallas Graham Branch library at 2304 Myrtle Ave. N. is expected to reopen on Tuesday, Aug. 13. Books reserved there can be picked up at the Bradham and Brooks Branch Library at 1755 Edgewood Ave. W.
The Highlands Regional Library at 1826 Dunn Ave. will close on Monday, Aug. 12, and is expected to reopen Thursday, Aug. 15. Holds at the Highlands branch will be extended for one week.
Two more libraries are scheduled to be closed for air conditioning maintenance on Monday, Aug. 19:
- The Westbrook Branch Library at 2809 Commonwealth Ave. is expected to reopen Wednesday, Aug. 21, with holds extended for one week.
- The Bill Brinton Murray Hill Branch Library at 918 Edgewood Ave. is expected to reopen Saturday, Aug. 24. Holds can be picked up at the Willowbranch Branch Library at 2875 Park St.
Library spokesman Chris Boivin said book drops at the libraries will also be closed.
"You can return any book to any library location. If you do have trouble getting it back during the time that it's closed, we definitely will make sure to make accommodations so that you know you're not being charged for time while the library was closed," he said.
While the maintenance work is underway, library users can still take advantage of the library's online resources: e-books, audio books and more, as well as visit one of the 16 branches that's not closing.