The Amp To Bring Back Live Music In January; JJ Grey & Mofro Will Play First 2 Shows
The St. Augustine Amphitheatre has announced live music will resume in January 2021 with two shows by blues and Southern rock group JJ Grey & Mofro. The concerts on Friday, Jan. 15, and Saturday, Jan. 16, will be the first shows at The Amp since it went dark in March due to the COVID-19 health crisis.
Tickets for JJ Grey & Mofro go on sale this Friday, Oct. 30, at 10 a.m. in person at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre Box Office and through Ticketmaster online.
According to The Amp: “Jacksonville native JJ Grey remains an unfettered, blissful performer, singing with a blue-collared spirit over the bone-deep grooves of his compositions. His presence before an audience is something startling and immediate, at times a funk rave-up, other times a sort of mass-absolution for the mortal weaknesses that make him and his audience human.”
Enhanced health and safety measures will be in place for the performances, including:
- Face Masks. All guests, team members, and crew are required to wear a face mask (covering the nose and mouth.) Face masks must be worn at all time upon entry and in common areas but may be removed while in your ticketed seat.
- Temperature & Health Screening. Before entering the venue, guests will have their temperature scanned by a no-touch thermometer. Guests with a temperature of 100.4 F or above will be denied entry. Refunds will be provided to those denied entry.
- Reduced Contact. Updates to reduce contact include walk-through metal detectors, thermal image scanning, and hands-free digital ticketing. All tickets will be digital.
- Physical Distancing. Limited capacity seating is adjusted to promote CDC recommended distancing. Physical distancing is required in common areas, and when entering/exiting the venue.
- Enhanced Cleaning. Routine cleaning and sanitization of facilities/common areas before, during, and after each event with hospital grade disinfectants. Hand sanitizing stations will also be located throughout the venue.
“We are both excited and prepared to bring live music back to our community,” said Gabe Pellicer, general manager of the St. Augustine Amphitheatre and Ponte Vedra Concert Hall, in a news release. “We made it a priority from day one of the pandemic to reopen responsibly, and to reopen quickly, to support the well-being of our community. This has been a tough year for people, and we recognize that our business directly impacts the businesses around us. We want to do our part to help get our community back up and thriving again. By implementing these enhanced safety and health protocols into our operations, we’ll be able to do that, while also providing exceptional concert experiences.”
Effective Oct. 31, 2020, the St. Augustine Amphitheatre Box Office will be open on Fridays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. It will only accept payment via debit or credit card.