Jacksonville offers COVID-19 booster shots, testing at 4 sites
The city of Jacksonville is offering booster shots for all three COVID-19 vaccines available in the U.S. at four community centers in partnership with the Duval County Department of Health and the private provider Agape Health.
The booster shots will not require payment or appointments.
Two sites run by Agape Family Health will offer COVID-19 vaccine booster shots with no appointment required from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., seven days a week.
- Clanzel T. Brown Community Center, 4575 Moncrief Road
- Lane Wiley Senior Citizens Center, 6710 Wiley Road
COVID-19 testing is also available at the two locations Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Duval County Department of Health:
Two sites operated by the Duval County Department of Health will offer COVID-19 testing, vaccinations and booster shots with no appointments required Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The sites will also provide flu vaccinations.
- Emmett Reed Community Center, 1093 W Sixth Street
- Cuba Hunter Community Center, 4380 Bedford Road
At all four locations, people must meet these state and federal guidelines to qualify for booster shots:
For Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines, the following groups are eligible for booster shots six months after completing their vaccination series:
- 65 and older
- 18+ who are in long-term care settings
- 18+ who have underlying medical conditions
- 18+ who work or live in high risk settings
For the Johnson and Johnson COVID-19 vaccine, booster shots are recommended for those who are 18 and older who were vaccinated two or more months ago.