904 Day grows as a celebration of all things local
904 Day started fairly small last year, but the growing grassroots effort designed to celebrate all things local on Sept. 4 is getting seriously official this Labor Day Weekend.
9/04 is the date on the calendar this Sunday, but it’s also the city’s area code.
The 904 Day campaign is focused on supporting local businesses, organizations, destinations and causes — both in Jacksonville and across the broader Northeast Florida community.
Mayor Lenny Curry has officially proclaimed Sept. 4 as 904 Day in Jacksonville. And a number of partners like the JAX Chamber, Downtown Vision Inc., Build Up Downtown, The First Coast Hispanic Chamber, The Jax Daily Record, WJCT Public Media and more are promoting it as well.
There are lots of ways to get your 904 on this Labor Day Weekend:
- The Icemen have planned a 904 Day celebration at the Community First Igloo from noon to 4 p.m. Sunday, with public skating for $9.04 from noon to 3 p.m.
- Manifest Distilling is closed on Sunday, so they’ll be celebrating 904 Day early with $9.04 Manifest Mules on Friday and Saturday.
- Another fun and free way to start your celebration is with free admission at the Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens from 4 to 9 p.m. Friday and all day Saturday.
- The Riverside Arts Market on Saturday is always a great destination for local vendors, food and entertainment.
- And on Sunday, Darude will peform at Myth Nightclub with $9.04 food and drink specials next door at Element Bistro.
You can even download the free 904 Day toolkit at bit.ly/904Day2022.
Most important, make a plan to support local businesses, organizations and destinations this weekend. And share your story by tagging your posts with #904Day!