Clay County Superintendent To Host School Safety Community Meetings
Clay County Superintendent Addison Davis says he wants the community to understand what the district is doing to keep kids safe at school. He’s hosting a series of community meetings beginning Monday.
Davis is calling the meetings “Listen and Learn.” He said he’ll update constituents on the district's response to last month’s school shooting in Parkland, Fla. as well as what new safety measures are coming.
He’ll also answer questions and address parents’ concerns.
“The goal of these sessions is to work collectively with parents, students, employees, and stakeholders to address concerns, answer questions, and identify strategies for creating a safe environment in all schools,” Davis said in a news release. “I invite all stakeholders to become a part of the roundtable discussion and demonstrate our partnership for continuing to offer safe and respectful schools in Clay County.”
After the shooting, the state Legislature dedicated $400 million to school safety and mental health measures. He says he’ll also talk about what that means for Clay County and at the district's partnerships with local law enforcement agencies.
Here are the meeting times and locations:
- Monday, March 26, Fleming Island High School, 6 p.m., Cafeteria
- Tuesday, March 27, Oakleaf High School, 6 p.m., Cafeteria
- Monday, April 16, Keystone Heights Jun/Senior High School, 6 p.m., Cafeteria
- Thursday, April 19, Orange Park High School, 6 p.m., Cafeteria
- Monday, April 23, Ridgeview High School, 6 p.m., Cafeteria
- Tuesday, April 24, Middleburg High School, 6 p.m., Media Center
- Monday, April 30, Clay High School, 6 p.m., Media Center
Lindsey Kilbride can be reached at email@example.com, 904-358-6359 or on Twitter at @lindskilbride.