Private Sector Adds 14,000 Jobs In Jacksonville
In the past year, Jacksonville’s unemployment rate has decreased from 3.7% to 3.5%.
That's as Jacksonville companies created around 14,000 jobs compared to this time last year.
Sectors in Jacksonville with the highest number of new jobs:
- Leisure and hospitality: 4,700 jobs
- Professional and business services: 4,400 jobs
- Education and health services: 4,200 jobs
Executive Director of the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity Ken Lawson said, “I think whether it’s Jacksonville or Florida total, I think the business community sees that Florida is a low-tax state, there are reasonable regulations, and under Governor DeSantis, we are sending the right message that our state is business friendly.”
At the same time, Florida’s unemployment rate has dropped by 0.2%, from 3.6% to 3.4%. As of June 2019, Florida had created about 290,000 new jobs.
Sectors in Florida with the highest number of new jobs:
- Education and health services: 54,700 jobs
- Professional and business services: 40,500 jobs
- Leisure and hospitality: 31,200 jobs
- Construction: 25,800 jobs
- Trade, transportation and utilities: 18,800 jobs
- Financial activities: 17,400 jobs