The Clay County Emergency Operations Center has been partially activated in preparation for Hurricane Dorian.
Officials are taking part in daily conference calls with the National the National Hurricane Center, National Weather Service Jacksonville, and Florida Division of Emergency Management.
At last report, the Clay County EOC planned to move to a full activation on Sunday morning.
The Clay County Citizens Call Center, at last check, was scheduled to open from at 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. on Saturday and then switch to being open 24 hours beginning Sunday.
The call center number is 1-877-252-9362 or 904-284-7703.
Sandbags will be made available noon Saturday at the following locations with a 25 bag limit per family:
- Omega Park - 4317 County Road 218, Middleburg
- Eagle Harbor Soccer Complex – 4387 Lakeshore Drive, Fleming Island
- Old Green Cove Fire Station #1- 21 Roderigo Avenue, Green Cove Springs
- Orange Park Athletic Association – 1086 Fromhart Street, Orange Park
- Keystone Heights City Hall (Bags only) – 555 South Lawrence Boulevard, Keystone Heights
- Keystone Heights Cemetery (Sand only) – 7304 State Road 100, Keystone Heights
General Population Shelters at the time of this story’s publication were scheduled to open on Sunday at the following locations:
- Keystone Heights High School (pet friendly)
- Orange Park High School (pet friendly)
- Clay High School
- Wilkinson Elementary School
The Florida Department of Health-Clay County will begin calling individuals registered on the County’s Special Medical Needs Registry Saturday morning.
The Clay County Special Needs Shelter will be open Sunday at Lake Asbury Junior High School.
For updates and potential schedule changes visit Clay County’s Emergency Management page.