A Florida State House subcommittee has approved a bill to enact a 10 percent THC cap on smokable medical cannabis and restrict THC levels to 60% in other marijuana products.
A bill that seeks to prevent violence at protests is moving through the Legislature. However, it has drawn strong bipartisan criticism around Florida. The bill is supported by Gov. Ron DeSantis. Opponents say it would criminalize free speech and run against the First Amendment. Patricia Brigham, president of the League of Women Voters of Florida joined us with more on this bill.
Proposed Downtown Vision Expansion
Downtown Jacksonville is growing. Downtown Vision wants to expand its boundaries to take advantage of that growth and provide more services. CEO of Downtown Vision CEO Jake Gordon joined us with more on the effort.
What’s Good Wednesdays
This week’s good news includes:
- An upcoming St. Johns County museum that will be focused on mosquitoes and other bugs. It will include an insect-themed outdoor playground for kids and an indoor helicopter for spraying simulations.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars are looking to return to full capacity at TIAA Bank Field as more people get vaccinated.
- IBERIABANK-First Horizon Foundation donated $5,000 to JAMS’ Jazz Discovery Series.
- Congregation Ahavath Chesed announced the construction of a Biblical Garden in front of its sanctuary.
- WJCT Public Media has extended the submission deadline for all 2021 WJCT PBS Kids Writers Contest entries to April 15th.
For more good news, subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
Michael Gonzalez can be reached at email@example.com.