Media roundtable; The Amelia
Today’s Media Roundtable discussed some of the top stories in the First Coast, including:
- The Duval County School Board is asking voters to pitch in for public schools. Board members voted 6-1 Tuesday to put a property tax increase on voters' August ballot.
- Students around the state walked out of class as part of a statewide coordinated effort to protest the so-called “Don’t Say Gay” bill.
- The Jacksonville City Council’s Rules Committee chose not to vote on proposed redistricting maps amid a barrage of public comments.
- The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, sponsored by the United Nations, warns against rising climate change, specifically mentioning Florida.
- Fred Matthews, WJCT contributor.
- Raymon Troncoson, WJCT News.
- Anne Schindler, First Coast News.
- Ben Becker, Action News Jax.
Today is the opening day for the 27th annual Concours, now owned by Hagerty and officially renamed The Amelia.