President Biden forgives student debt; Jacksonville riverfront; India Independence Day; The Donna Foundation
President Biden announced student loan debt relief on Wednesday for tens of millions of Americans, saying he would cancel $10,000 in debt for those earning less than $125,000 per year and $20,000 for those who had received Pell grants for low-income students. The debt forgiveness comes after months of deliberations in the White House over fairness and fears that it could exacerbate inflation before the midterm elections.
- Dr. Teresa MacGregor, vice president of enrollment management at Jacksonville University.
- Claire Goforth, attorney and journalist, The Daily Dot.
A new plan to activate Jacksonville’s downtown riverfront is in motion. The project aims to attract more popularity to the downtown area.
- Mari Kuraishi, president, Jessie Ball DuPont Fund.
- Lori Boyer, Downtown Investment Authority.
- Nancy Powell, Scenic Jacksonville.
- Gloria McNair, Groundwork Jacksonville.
India Independence Day
India observed its Independence Day on Aug. 15th and now the Indian Cultural Society community invites you to celebrate with them this Saturday at Bolles Middle School. There will be several activities including a talent show, singing and a cultural showcase.
- Lokesh Sharma, event director, Indian Cultural Society.
- Sandhya Hawaldar, youth committee mentor and talent show director, Indian Cultural
The Donna Foundation
The DONNA Foundation announced a partnership with Destination Marathons LLC, for the 2023 DONNA Marathon Weekend early next year.
Guest: Amanda Napolitano, executive director, The DONNA Foundation.