The Riverfront Parks Conservancy; Babes Who Hustle rebranding; THE PLAYERS; ‘What’s Good Wednesday’
Several parks and public facilities are already under design or construction along Jacksonville's Downtown riverfront. To help guide this development, the Riverfront Parks Conservancy was introduced this month.
The group will work with the city’s parks departments on developments that are already underway, including Riverfront Plaza Park where the Jacksonville Landing used to be, Shipyards West Park, Friendship Fountain and Metropolitan Park.
Guest: Barbara Goodman, board chair and interim director of the Riverfront Parks Conservancy.
Babes Who Hustle rebranding this year
The Jacksonville company Babes Who Hustle is rebranding this year.
Their new name, Each is Every, is already attracting new memberships for a post pandemic era.
Guest: Chelsea DuDevoire Careccia, CEO of Each is Every.
A preview of THE PLAYERS Championship
THE PLAYERS Championship is coming up, March 9-12, at TPC Sawgrass.
Guest: Jared Rice, executive director of THE PLAYERS.
‘What’s Good Wednesday’
- In his new book, "Guitar Greats of Jacksonville,"author Michael Ray Fitzgerald tells the story of the guitar legends of the 904 — everyone from Dickie Betts to Derek Trucks. "Guitar Greats of Jacksonville" will be available Feb. 27.
- The city of Jacksonville is partnering with Downtown Vision to bring back Jax River Jams presented by VyStar Credit Union. This free, four-week, multigenre concert series will be held on Thursdays in April at Riverfront Plaza in Downtown Jacksonville.
- The firstJaxsonwalking tour of the year is coming up this Saturday. In honor of Black History Month, they’re exploring the history of and future plans for LaVilla, one of Jacksonville’s oldest and most historic neighborhoods.
- The 12th annual Mukti Freedom Gala benefiting Rethreaded is coming up Saturday.
- Yoga 4 Change is celebrating nine years of community impact with a virtual BINGO party March 1.