Food deserts; Peace in the Pages; Bistro X
Today, we discuss food deserts — areas where Duval County residents have little or no access to affordable, healthy food.
- Nicole Hamm, executive director of the Blue Zones Project.
- Laureen Husband, vice president of public policy and community engagement at Feeding Northeast Florida.
- Meghan Niemczyk, associate director of the UNF Center for Nutrition and Food Security, director of the Northeast Florida Hunger Network, and chef adviser to the Meals on Wings program.
Peace in the Pages
Read USA is hosting Peace in the Pages. This yearly celebration of literacy honors local heroes who fight for the cause.
- Dr. Rob Kelly, CEO of Read USA.
- Shelly Read, bestselling author, educator, and Peace in the Pages keynote speaker.
In an era in which food costs are steadily rising, local restaurant Bistro X is lowering its prices.
Guest: Marcello Villani, owner of Bistro X.